Saturday, July 2, 2011

SLANZA conference - everybody getting there

This morning I leave for my Summer vacation in New Zealand's winter. I am heading home to the other world I mentioned in my profile. While I am there I will be attending the SLANZA (School Library Association of New Zealand Aotearoa) conference. One of the key note speakers is Joyce Valenza. I love these conferences - librarians are are people who are so generous in sharing their ideas and expertise.

I am still a SLANZA member. I appreciate this association and all that it does for shool libraries and librarians. Networking is vital for our profession and I really value my colleagues in NZ and throughout the world. It reminds me of the quote

Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there. ~Virginia Burden